By Moulthun Ly
I am often asked by people to recommend various chess books.
Therefore, I have gone through my collection and taken note of
those I felt helped my chess improvement or were particularly interesting.
Of course there are many others which I may not have had a chance to read.
I have avoided listing any opening books for now as they are specific to players
interests. However, I may also go through and list these at a later time
as there are some great books being released.
They are roughly grouped by various rating levels in which they were read.
However, many can be enjoy by players of all levels.
Happy Chess Reading!
Beginner - 1500
- Attacking Chess by Josh Waitzkin
- The Ultimate Book of Chess Puzzles
1500 - 2000+
- Simple Chess
- Chess for Zebras
- The Seven Deadly Chess Sins
- Secrets of Spectacular Chess
- John Nunn’s Chess Puzzles
- The Sorcerer's Apprentice
- The Life and Games of Mikhail Tal
- Domination in 2,545 Endgame Studies
- Dvoretsky’s Endgame Manuel
- Perfect Your Chess